How to create and use Quicksteps in Microsoft Outlook 2013
QuickSteps in Outlook
QuickSteps allow you to make repetitive tasks really simple and easy, tasks like filing email or sending an email to a group. Most things that you find yourself doing on a regular basis can become a QuickStep.
QuickSteps live on the Ribbon
Figure – Quicksteps Gallery
The QuickStep Gallery – my pictures are from Outlook 2013, however the same rules apply in Outlook 2010
To create a new QuickStep for filing
Figure 84- Create new Quickstep
1. Click Create New
2. Name the new QuickStep
Figure – type a name
3. Select the action to perform
Figure – tell it what to do
4. Choose one of the actions
5. Select action to perform
Figure – move
6. I chose Move to Folder and selected the folder called Chocolate from the list.
7. Add any other actions
Figure – choose the folder to move to
8. You can add further actions to the QuickStep (1), select a Keyboard Shortcut (2) and add some text to display when your mouse hovers over the QuickStep (3) – to remind you what it does.
9. Click Finish
Figure – finish
10. Your new QuickStep is ready to use
Figure – Quickstep in the gallery
To use the QuickStep
- Simply select the emails you wish to file
- Click on the QuickStep in the Gallery
Hey Presto! They moved!!
Did this tip help you? Will you be creating lots of Quicksteps to keep on top of your email? Let me know how this has helped and what you intend to do from now on. I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment in the box below.
This topic has been taken from my free eBook on Microsoft Outlook 2013 which can be downloaded here:
To find out more about our training and to discuss your organisation’s learning needs, give us a call on 020 8203 1774 or email us email@example.com – we would love to chat.