Quick Tip for Microsoft Word 2010
Word 2010 enables you to format your content consistently using styles. Styles are pre-set formats for your text.
- Traditionally you would use:
- Heading 1 for your most important headings (eg title)
- Heading 2 for your main subheadings
- Heading 3 for subheadings within your Heading 2 sections
- Normal for the rest of your text
By default your text will use the Normal style
Apply styles: H1 H2 H3 and normal
Locating the styles on the ribbon
The Styles group lives on the Home tab of the ribbon.
To view all available styles:
- Click on the down arrow at the left of the Styles window
Applying a pre-set style
- Click into or Select the text you wish to format using Styles
- Click on the Style you wish to use