10 things you need to know about Office 2016 for Mac
2016 for Mac was released in August. It is a long awaited and welcome upgrade of Microsoft Office for Mac users. Microsoft has always offered a Mac friendly version of its Office software which is the most used software across business.
Office for Mac has always been able to communicate with Office for Windows, however it has not looked the same. This can be challenging if you work on a Windows PC in the office and a Mac at home or perhaps your organisation is happy for staff to pick the type of computer they wish to use. Up until this latest release, the different versions looked and behaved a little differently.
Here are 10 items to note about Office 2016 for Mac
- Office 2016 for Mac now looks just like Office for Windows. (as I write this, the current version of Office for Windows is 2013 , however the 2016 version is coming out soon) – When moving between a Windows Computer or a Mac the interface is now familiar
- Office 2016 for Mac includes – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook 2016 for Mac which is a great improvement.
- Office 2016 for Mac has the same Ribbon Tabs as Office for Windows
- Office 2016 for Mac connects to OneDrive for Business and your SharePoint Team Site
- You can save and open documents from OneDrive for Business or your SharePoint Team Site
- You just need an internet connection in order to work online
- In Excel for Mac 2016 you can now use the F4 key to create an Absolute Cell Reference instead of Command and T.
- You need to install the Yosemite Operating System before you can install Office 2016 for Mac
- When working in the browser – Safari, Chrome or Firefox, you can edit, upload and share documents in the same way as you can on Windows.
- You can share documents with other team members right from within an office program
These are just some of the great things about Office 2016 for Mac. I have been using it for a while now and am loving it.
I am also in the process of writing a series of books on Office 2016 for Mac. The Microsoft Word 2016 book is currently in progress.
Let me know what you think of Office 2016 for Mac.
Remember – we can help your organisation get to grips with Microsoft Office whichever version and whichever operating system you are using. Give us a call on 020 8203 1774 to get your organisation off to a flying start.