How to print slides to OneNote
In this digital age, we are concerned about saving paper. This is where OneNote comes into its own. It lives on your laptop, Surface, iPad, iPhone, Android tablet or phone in fact nearly every device you can think of. By using an electronic notebook you can save on paper, and as you are already carrying your device, there is no need to carry a physical notebook too.
Imagine that you are attending a presentation and the slides have been shared with you beforehand. In the days before OneNote you would have printed the slides out so that you can make notes on them. Now with OneNote, you can print the slides direct and take electronic notes on each slide. Great for me especially as my handwriting is not so great.
Here are the steps
- Open up your OneNote Notebook and have a section or page ready.
- In the presentation click File > Print
- Select Send to OneNote (20130 or (16 depending on your version) from the drop down on the Printer button
- Select custom range if you don’t want all the slides, and type in the slide numbers you want.
- Click Print
- Now go over to OneNote where you will be prompted to pick the location for the slides
- Select it and click OK
- Your slides are now in the notebook
You can see this in action in the video below.
Do let me know how you get on by leaving a comment below. I would love to hear how this has helped you!
Till next time…